I kind of have a thing for seeing how many different kinds of soup I can make every couple of months. This conveniently tends to fall when it’s winter or cold outside, so everybody wins. Lately I’ve been pretty into tomato and red pepper (last year I was all about pumpkin-curry). Mostly because I can kill it in basil and garlic. Mmmm.
Tomato + Red Bell Pepper Soup!
1 of the huge cans of whole tomatoes (diced)
2 diced red bell peppers
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 c. beef broth (or veggie if you’re so inclined)
3 cloves of garlic (grated)
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp rosemary
Dash of sugar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Goat Cheese (optional)
BASIL TO YOUR HEART’S DESIRE (or 2 tbsp)
1. Heat up olive oil and sautee grated garlic until fragrant
2. Add tomatoes, peppers, beef broth and vinegar and cook until peppers are soft
3. Add thyme, sugar, and rosemary and let simmer for 15 minutes
4. Use an immersion blender until smooth or however you like your soup
5. Return to stove and add milk at this point if you’re into it (I usually add about 3 tbsp)
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Garnish with Basil and Goat Cheese!