Nothing comes close to cheesy potatoes in the wintertime. This method gives a more substantial texture than mashed potatoes and is filled with garlicky (is that a word?) and rosemary…-y…greatness.
Twice-Cooked Potatoes with Rosemary Colby Jack Cheese and Butter
3 Red Potatoes
2 Cloves Garlic
3 tbsp melted Salted Butter
2 tsp. Rosemary
1 tsp. Whole Celery Seed
1/3 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Chop potatoes into squares
3. Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan
4. Add garlic, rosemary, pepper, whole celery seed, and salt. Cook until fragrant.
5. Sautee potatoes in saucepan until potatoes are soft, but not mashable
6. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with colby jack cheese and melted butter
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese has browned.