I’ve always been pretty fortunate in that I’ve lived within 5 miles of an Asian grocery store for most of my life. Coupled with being a student (and therefore on a dietary budget), this gives me a lot more options for sprucing up noodles, rice, and other carbohydrate heavy foods.
I also really enjoy the multitude of instant ramen (and pho) brands that exist. I don’t know why anybody would eat Maruchan when Mama:
are 45 cents each (if not less depending on where you are).
This isn’t really a recipe as much as it is something I love, love, love to eat.
1 pkg Mama “Minced Pork Flavor” Noodles (or any pork noodles)
1 handful of fresh spinach
3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
6 cuttlefish/roe balls
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tsp fish sauce
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, boil cuttlefish balls until thoroughly cooked
2. Partially drain the water and add basil and mushrooms. Simmer until fragrant.
3. Add package of Instant Noodles, but not the seasoning yet.
4. Add fish sauce
5. While water is boiling, crack an egg into the saucepan and break the yolk. Let egg cook.
6. Now, add the seasoning.
7. Turn off of the heat and add spinach.
Pour into a bowl (or eat it out of the pot of you’re that kind of person) and enjoy!