Woah. It’s late isn’t it. Here we go, a post-bar dinner. Not as much commentary on this post, because those “whiskey on the rocks” drinks are telling me not to say more than I should. I decided to learn how to make this because I found that only one of my local chinese food restaurants sells eggplant in garlic sauce. I crave that way too often to be messing around with that noise.
I can’t believe I ate all of that. Too much butter.
Chinese Food Style Eggplant (Aubergine)
1 eggplant (I used a regular one)
1 stick of butter (Or substitute with sesame oil)
1 tbsp garlic
1tbsp ginger powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Maggi Seasoning Sauce (or Soy Sauce)
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp dried basil
1. Cut eggplant into slices
2. Melt 1 stick of butter in medium sized pan over medium heat
3. Add garlic and eggplant and cook until eggplant starts to soften
4. Add ginger powder and continue to cook until completely soft.
5. Add fish sauce, sugar, maggi,and dried basil
6. Cook an additional 5 minutes
At this point, you can add it to fried rice or eat it alone (hell, I did). Delicioussssss.
Oily, just how it should be. If I figure out how to make that distinct “chinese brown sauce”, I’ll be set.
I’m pretty sure I cooked this in about 30 minutes, so it’s a quick meal too.